HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 PCL6 Driver
This section will help you in the download of the software to your computer and start you on the install process.
Note: This package contains only the printer driver for the product. This package does not contain the scan, fax, or device communication drivers. Installing this print driver for all-in-ones connected via USB where the communication port does not already exist can result in the Found New Hardware Wizard appearing after every reboot of the computer.
Before proceeding with the software installation, the printer must first be properly set up, and your computer must be ready to print.
- Turn on the printer first, then turn on the computer.
- Close any screen savers, virus protection programs, or other software programs running on your computer.
- Click on Download and a File Download box will appear.
- Select Save This Program to Disk and a Save As box will appear.
- Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer when the download has completed.
- Double click on the file. This will extract all the driver files into a directory on your hard drive. (i.e., C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet 2820_2840 Drivers). However, you can change the path and directory name at the time of extracting the file.
- Open the Printers Window (Click Start-Settings-Printers).
- To add the printer driver to an existing port (USB, network share, or network port)
- Click Add Printer.
- Follow the instructions of the Add Printer Wizard (select the appropriate port when prompted).
- To update an existing driver
- Right mouse click the HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 entry in the Printers folder and then choose Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then choose the New Driver button and follow the on screen instructions.
- To discover the network connected HP color LaserJet 2820/2840, create the port, and install the printer driver go to www.hp.com/go/inpw_sw
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000