PSC 1401 HP Setup Assistant Update
Purpose of update: In certain situations the PSC 1401 may not be recognized by the HP Setup Assistant. This updated version of HP Setup Assistant will help to ensure the PSC 1401 can be recognized in order to complete the installation on your Macintosh computer.
- Click the Download now button.
- The downloaded file is a disk image (.dmg) file. If you are using Safari, and have turned on the Open "safe" files after downloading option, Safari will automatically extract the application from the disk image for you, and put it in the same location where you told Safari to put your downloads.
- If you have turned off the Open "safe" files after downloading option, or if you are not using Safari, then double-click the icon of the disk image file. Doing this will make a new disk appear. It will appear in the Computer window, and it will also appear on the Desktop if you have set the Finder's preferences to do that. On the disk is an application. Copy that application to the Desktop.
- If you have not already done so, run the HP All-in-One Installer application on your PSC 1401 Mac OS install CD.
- Select Restart from the Apple menu to restart your Macintosh. This will ensure that software installed from the CD is properly running prior to using the updated version of HP Setup Assistant.
- If you have not set your system preferences to automatically log you in, then log in as an administrator user.
- If the HP Setup Assistant application automatically launches, select Quit HP Setup Assistant from the HP Setup Assistant menu. If a dialog comes up saying that HP Setup Assistant has not finished, click the Quit button to quit anyway.
- Find the updated version of the HP Setup Assistant application that you downloaded. Double-click the application's icon and follow the instructions on the screen.
Mac OS X