HP Officejet 7100 Series Corporate Driver Web Package
NOTE: This is NOT an upgrade!
The corporate driver software for the HP Officejet 7100 Series All-In-One printers consists of a print and TWAIN/WIA scan driver for local connections, and a print and web scan driver for network connections. This software is primarily intended for corporate customers, and does NOT provide full functionality. The software solution provided here contains Print and Scan drivers only. All other functions of the Officejet 7100 Series product will need to be performed from the front panel when this software solution is in use. For full functionality (Print/Scan/Copy/Fax) from the PC, DO NOT install this solution. Instead, install the Officejet 7100 Series full solution.
What does the 7100 Series corporate driver consist of?
The HP Officejet 7100 Series corporate driver is a Print/Scan "mini" driver for customers requiring a "small footprint" driver for Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP platforms. The installation uses a straightforward "silent" installation process. Typical users of this software solution include commercial customers performing staging of large groups of PCs (those wanting only Print and Scan software functionality from their PCs).
The installation is silent, meaning it has no user interface. Once the setup program runs and completes, the user simply connects the Officejet 7100 Series product to the PC using a USB or 1284 Parallel cable (a direct connection for Windows NT users consists of a 1284 Parallel cable and a 1284 Parallel LIO, sold separately). The product can also be connected through a network using an HP JetDirect 175x external or 200m LIO print server. An HP Officejet 7100 Series printer icon will appear in the Printers folder. Scanning can be performed with any TWAIN 1.9 compliant application(s), such as Â®Microsoft Office or Â®Adobe Photoshop, or WIA supporting application for Windows XP users.
Do I need this software?
The HP Officejet 7100 Series software is designed for Windows NT 4.0/Windows 2000/Windows XP platforms, and is NOT AN UPGRADE to existing software.
- Do not download this software if you are running Windows 95/98/ME.
- Do not download this software if you want full functionality under Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. Instead, install the full solution.
- Do not download this software if you already have a full-functioning Officejet 7100 Series solution; this is not an upgrade!
- Download this software if you want only Print and Scan functionality under Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP, without the HP Director interface.
Minimum System Requirements
- Any Intel Pentium II, Celeron, or compatible processor (Pentium III or higher recommended)
- 256 MB RAM
- 400 MB available hard disk space plus 50 MB for full-color printing
- Additional hard disk space to store scanned images
- SVGA 800 x 600 monitor (24-bit color recommended)
- Available USB port (1284 parallel LIO sold separately)
- JetDirect 175X external or 200m LIO print server (required for network printing and Web Scan)
- Internet access (recommended)
- Browser (Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher or Netscape 4.6 or higher recommended)
- ECP Mode
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 2 or higher
- Windows XP Home (Service Pack 1 or Higher Recommended)
- Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1 or Higher Recommended)
- Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a
- Download the Officejet 7100 Series corporate driver file to your computer.
- With the Officejet disconnected, log into an account with administrator privileges.
- Double-click the Officejet 7100 Series corporate driver file you downloaded.
- Click Next in the Location to Save Files dialog box to save the driver installation files in the indicated location.
- Setup will run with no additional dialogs. It is finished when there is no more hard drive activity and the progress bar disappears from the screen (typically less than 1 minute).
- See Readme.html for detailed connection instructions (varies by operating system).
- Plug the USB cable into the Officejet 7100 Series. A plug-and-play event begins; this will install the remaining drivers. A dialog box appears in the lower-right corner of the screen to provide the status of the installation process.