HP PSC Full Feature software/driver
This hp psc 750/750xi all-in-one web driver replaces the previous CD and Web driver versions 1.## for Windows 2000. This driver brings the features of the Windows XP version 3.00 to Windows 2000. It also fixes several issues seen with the original version 1.## driver. The following components are not included to reduce download time; PrintCreator; Product Tour; ReadIris application; Network Support; Share2Web, and Scan To PC. There is no CD equivalent available to order for this driver.
NOTE: The minimum and recommended system requirements for this driver are different than the driver it replaces. See the section on System Requirements below and confirm the system meets the new requirements before using this version.
New or Changed Functionality:
- Scan UI upgraded to the HP PhotoView Center application. See readme file or on-screen guide for details.
- On the Director, the [scan] button has been split in seperate [scan picture] and [scan document] functions. The [scan document] button incorporates the old editable text scanning option and will attempt to OCR any text found in the document scanned. The [scan picture] performs the scan without doing any OCR functions.
- New version of the ReadIRIS OCR application.
- Installation of HP instant support; HP share-to-web; and HP photo printing software
- Updated printer driver.
- This driver includes the Network Traffic Reduction update which fixes the following two problems:
- Network traffic open pipes problem: On a computer with a psc 750 series connected locally but printing to a network printer, multiple pipes would be opened to the print server for each print job. Enough print jobs could overload the maximum allowed number of pipes and cause the server tostopworking.
- Network Traffic Reduction update which fixes the Network traffic excessive packets problem: A computer with a psc 750 series connected locally, but that is also sharing a network printer will broadcast packets to the network even for local print jobs.
- This driver includes the HP OfficeJet G, V, K, or PSC 700 Series All-in-One Stand-by mode Driver Patch that fixed issues on some computers that caused the HP AiO device not to reconnect after the computer comes out of Standby or Hibernate modes.
- This driver includes the HP USB I/O patch which improved USB connectivity reliability.
- A fix is included for a Windows Blue Screen during the plug & play steps of installation on USB on some laptop computers that use low power usb ports. Previous workaround was to connect a powered hub between the laptop and the AiO device. This is no longer necessary.
- A fix is included for a problem where the process Hpodev07 showed 100% cpu usage for 1 to 4.5 minutes at startup of HP software on many computers when an anti-virus software is also running.
- Enable a multi-instance installation of the same series device on one computer. This is intended primarily for laptop users who want to connect to AiO devices located in two locations, (such as one at home and one at the office). It also resolves an installation issue that required a full software uninstall/reinstall that happens if the user connects a HP AiO device with a different serial number or model number.
- TO USE:
- Perform a complete normal installation of the 1st device.
- Connect and turn on the 2nd HP AiO
- USB Connections will automatically plug&play
- 2nd copies of the printer, faxprinter, Director, systemtray status icon and start menu shortcuts will be created.
- Complete the WebReg and Congratulations¡ dialog for the 2nd installation.
- The 1st set of shortcuts are to be used when the 1st device is connected and the 2nd set when the 2nd device is connected.
- This feature is for use with multiple psc 700 series models. It is not recommended to install more than one kind of HP Aio device on a single computer.
- Users cannot open the print settings dialog from the HP Director unless they have administrator rights. The workaround for users with power user or user rights to open the printer preferences dialog from the Windows Control Panel or the printer dialog of another application.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2 or greater
Minimum system requirements
- Any Intel Pentium(r) II, Celeron, or compatible processor
- 64 MB RAM
- 400 MB available hard disk space
- 800 x 600 SVGA monitor
- an available USB port on your computer.
- Service Pack 2 or higher must be installed.
- Internet Browser (Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher or Netscape Navigator 4.6 or higher)
Recommended system requirements
- Intel Pentium(r) III or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 24-bit color monitor
- Internet access
Installing the software in Windows 2000
- Download the driver software web package.
- When installing on Windows 2000, make sure that you use a login with administrative privileges to log onto the system.
- Complete the hardware setup, (install pens, paper), for your HP psc 700 series device; if it is not already done.
- Confirm the USB cable is NOT connected between the psc 700 series unit and the computer. Disconnect the USB cable if you are upgrading from a previous version of the driver and the psc 700 series unit is currently installed.
- Uninstall the previous psc 700 series driver software if one was previously installed.
- Close any programs that may have launched at startup, such as faxing and antivirus software. Failure to disable active antivirus software may result in a corrupt or incomplete installation. Antivirus software usually places an icon next to the time; right-click this icon to bring up a menu that may allow the antivirus software to be shut down or disabled.
- Browse to the downloaded driver web package and double-click on it to start installing the new driver.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to extract the web package driver files. After the files are extracted the setup program automatically starts.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the software portion of the driver.
- When the software copy portion is completed, you will see a Software Copied Successfully" screen with a prompt to "follow the instructions on your Setup Poster to set up your HP PSC hardware."
- Click [Finish] on the "Software Copied Successfully" dialog box.
- If prompted to restart the computer, Select [yes] to do so.
- Turn on your HP PSC 700 series and connect a USB cable from the HP PSC to your computer.
- The psc 700 series will automatically perform the plug & play portion of the installation.
- When plug & play is completed a dialog saying Install HP software will appear.
- Select [next] on this dialog to continue.
- The installation program will now configure the psc700 series and the driver software. This can take several minutes depending on the computer. When it is completed, the HP psc 700 series status monitor will appear in the system tray in the lower right of the desktop and the Product Registration dialog will appear.
- Select [register] to register now or [cancel] to register later.
- The Congratulations dialog will appear.
- Select [skip tour] as the tour is not included in the web download.
- The psc 700 series installation is now fully complete. Re-enable any programs, such as the anti-virus scanners that you disabled at the start of the install process.
- The folder where the web pack was extracted to can be deleted from the computer at this time to recover the space used. If the default was used this folder is called hp psc 700 series and is located where the compressed webpack was downloaded. NOTE: Do NOT remove the folder C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp psc700 series. This is where the software was installed to.