- How to install
NOTE: Due to the size of the download and the time it would take, HP recommends ordering the CD-ROM version rather than downloading the Web version of the driver without broadband (Cable, DSL, T1, or equivalent) Internet access.
Microsoft Windows XP
Use these directions to guide you through the self-install process
- Download the driver file.
- Turn off the hp psc 900 series All-in-One device and disconnect the USB cable (Parallel port not supported by this device).
- Temporarily disable antivirus software.
- Exit any running applications, games, utilities, and multimedia applications.
- Uninstall the previous version of the HP driver software if any is installed. The Windows XP mini-drivers do not need to be removed.
- Run the downloaded .exe file. Follow the screen directions presented during the software installation.
- When the software portion of the installation is complete, you will see a "Software Copied Successfully" dialog box with a prompt to "follow the instructions on your setup poster to set up your hp psc 900 series hardware".
- Select [Finish] on the "Software Copied Successfully" dialog.
- If a request to restart your computer dialog appears, select [yes] to reboot the computer.
- Turn on your HP psc 900 series device, and connect the USB cable between it and the computer.
- During the Plug & Play phase, a "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog will appear.
- Select [Next], then [Next], then [Finish] to continue.
- The desktop icon will be created, and the HP system tray icon will appear in the lower-right corner of the taskbar. The HP Fax Setup Wizard or Electronic Registration will appear depending the features of your hp psc 900 series All-in-One device.
- Complete the HP Fax Setup Wizard, if it appeared.
- Complete the Electronic Registration, if you have not already done it once.
- When the "Congratulations!" dialog appears, select [Skip Tour], since it is not included in the web driver package.
- Upon completing the software installation, enable your antivirus software.
- View the Readme file or the Onscreen User Guide for further information related to the operation of this driver software. If you chose the default installation location then the readme.html file will be located in the path:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp psc 900 series\Help