Pavilion 7915 UUID Update
Why do I need it?
This update is for HP Pavilion 7915 computers with serial numbers from MX137A0000 to MX140A9999.
Press the Ctrl Alt S keys on your keyboard to see the HP Pavilion computer's serial number.
Uuid.exe updates the motherboard BIOS to the latest version that includes a UUID (Universal Unique Identifier).
How do I get it?
Download uuid.exe from this page and save it to a blank formatted floppy disk (A: drive).
What do I do with it?
To install this update it will be necessary to create a boot floppy for your computer:
- Insert a blank floppy in the A: drive.
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the Start Up Disk tab and then, click Create Disk.
- With a blank floppy in the A: drive, Click Ok.
- Leave the startup disk in the A: drive.
- Download uuid.exe.
Double-click uuid.exe and unzip it to the A: drive.
- Reboot the computer with the startup disk in the A: drive.
- Remove the floppy and reboot the computer. The installation is complete.
The boot disk will be created at this time.
The UUID update will run automatically.
When the update is finished, the screen will return to the A: prompt.
Microsoft Windows ME