Choose the file you want to download to your system. With your mouse, click on the file. In the 'save as' dialogue, you will be prompted to select the folder (subdirectory) where you want the file downloaded. Once the file is downloaded, click on the file, the software will decompress and then install automatically.
On some systems, the scanner hardware may get into an error state that will keep the scanning software from finding the scanner. If your scanner still isn't found after installing this updated scanning software, please follow the directions below:
- Unplug the power cable from the scanner.
- Unplug the parallel cable(s) from the scanner.
- Shut down the PC and wait for ten seconds.
- Plug in the power cable to the scanner.
- Plug in the parallel cable(s) to the scanner.
- Power your PC on.
Microsoft Windows 2000