HP Officejet k80 All-in-One Printer support
- How to install
There is one major new functionality of this driver as listed below:
- The Parallel Port is now supported in addition to USB. This driver replaces previous versions of the HP OfficeJet K Series drivers as defined below:
- For Windows XP customers this driver replaces driver Version 3.00.
- Your OfficeJet K Series has Firmware Version 4.04.
- Your OfficeJet K Series is installed on the Parallel Port.
- You intend to install an OfficeJet G Series device either on this same computer using a second Parallel Port or on the same Parallel Port at a later time.
Follow these steps to determine your HP Officejet K Series device's firmware version:
- Simultaneously press and hold the [ENTER] and [Cancel] buttons (this will take two hands for most people)
- Release both buttons at the same time
- Wait for the "Extended Self-Test Report" to print out.
- Look at the "Firmware Version" in the lower third of the page, the left hand column, about the sixth item down. Your device has firmware 4.04 if you see the "Firmware Version: OD404R" on the printout.
Microsoft Windows XP
- Download the web package driver file.
- Turn off the HP OfficeJet K Series device and disconnect either the USB cable or Parallel port cable.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software.
- Exit any running applications, games, utilities, and multimedia applications.
- Uninstall the previous version of the HP driver software if any is installed. The Windows XP mini-drivers do not need to be removed.
- Run the downloaded .exe file. Follow the screen directions presented during the software installation.
- When the software portion of the installation is complete, you will see a "Software Copied Successfully" dialog box with a prompt to "follow the instructions on your setup poster to set up your HP OfficeJet K Series hardware". The instructions below are contained in your setup poster.
- Select [Finish] on the "Software Copied Successfully" dialog.
- If a request to restart your computer dialog appears, select [yes] to reboot the computer.
- Turn on your HP OfficeJet K Series device, and if using USB then reconnect the USB cable between it and the computer, or if using the parallel port then reconnect the parallel port cable between it and the computer.
- During the Plug & Play phase, a "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog will appear.
- Select [Next], then [Next], then [Finish] buttons to continue. On some computer it may take a few minutes to install the software.
- The desktop icon will be created, and the HP system tray icon will appear in the lower-right corner of the taskbar. The HP Fax Setup Wizard or Electronic Registration will appear depending the features of your HP OfficeJet K Series device.
- Complete the HP Fax Setup Wizard, if it appears.
- Complete the Electronic Registration, if you have not already done it once.
- When the "Congratulations!" dialog appears, select [Skip Tour], since it is not included in the web driver package.
- Upon completing the software installation, enable your antivirus software.
- View the Readme file or the Onscreen User Guide for further information related to the operation of this driver software. If you chose the default installation location then the Readme.html file will be located in the path:
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet k series\Help