There is one major new functionality of this driver as listed below:
- The Parallel Port is now supported in addition to USB.
This driver replaces previous versions of the HP OfficeJet K Series drivers as defined below:
- For Windows XP customers this driver replaces driver Version 3.00.
If you intend to use both a HP OfficeJet K Series and HP OfficeJet G Series All-In-One device on the same PC, there is an uncommon scenario where the OfficeJet G Series will not work. All three of the following conditions must be met
in order to experience this situation:
- Your OfficeJet K Series has Firmware Version 4.04.
- Your OfficeJet K Series is installed on the Parallel Port.
- You intend to install an OfficeJet G Series device either on this same computer using a second Parallel Port or on the same Parallel Port at a later time.
If you have not met ALL of these conditions, then you will NOT experience this problem and may proceed. If you expect to encounter all these conditions in the future then do not install this driver. If you are unsure, then contact HP support for further direction.
Follow these steps to determine your HP Officejet K Series device's firmware version:
- Simultaneously press and hold the [ENTER] and [Cancel] buttons (this will take two hands for most people)
- Release both buttons at the same time
- Wait for the "Extended Self-Test Report" to print out.
- Look at the "Firmware Version" in the lower third of the page, the left hand column, about the sixth item down. Your device has firmware 4.04 if you see the "Firmware Version: OD404R" on the printout.
Microsoft Windows XP