HP LaserJet 1020 Printer support
- How to install
- System requirements
This is not a software upgrade of the software prior to 4.0. If a prior version of the HP LaserJet 1020/1022 software is currently installed, it must be uninstalled before installing this version.
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000
- Incorrect margin on paper when using A4 paper to print
- Windows Logo Testing error during installation
This section will help you in the download of the software to your computer and start you on the install process. Below are easy-to-follow instructions for downloading and installing printer drivers.
DUE TO THE SIZE OF THIS DOWNLOAD, HP RECOMMENDS DIAL-UP CUSTOMERS ORDER THIS SOFTWARE ON CD.
Approximately 1 GB of free hard disk space is required to use this download.
- Close any screen savers, virus protection programs, or other software programs running on your computer.
- Click on Download Now and a File Download box will appear.
- Select Save This Program to Disk and a Save As box will appear.
- Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
- Locate the hp_LJ1020-1022_Full_Solution.exe file using Windows Explorer when the download has completed and double-click it to extract its contents.
- The files in the package will be extracted c:\hp_LJ1020-1022_Full_Solution by default. During extraction, you can change the folder to extract the files to if necessary.
- The install will be started automatically at the end of the extraction process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- To use the already extracted files for another installation, begin the install by double-clicking on the autorun.exe file in the extraction folder.
NOTE: After the installation is complete the downloaded hp_LJ1020-1022_Full_Solution.exe file and the extraction folder (by default: C:\hp_LJ1020-1022_Full_Solution) can be deleted to free up 935 MB of hard disk space.
Details and specifications
Minimum Installation Requirements:
A Pentium (133 MHz) processor or greater
128 MB of RAM
368 MB of available hard disk space
SVGA 800x66 16-bit color display
Typical Installation Requirements:
A Pentium II (233 MHz) processor or greater
256 MB of RAM
1 GB of available hard disk space
SVGA 800x600 16-bit color display