HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer support
Products Impacted: HP PSC 2350 and HP PSC 1600
Purpose of update: The HP All-in-One device may eventually cause the following error message that can not be resolved iwthout replacing the color or black print cartridge.
- Remove and Check Color/Black pen
- The color/black cartridge is not intended for this product
- Incorrect pen cartridge
Refer to your user documentation to determine which print cartridges your HP All-in-One device uses, and how to install them in the printer.
Note: If your device is currently displaying one of the messages listed above, you should replace the offending print cartridge and then install this update.
This patch also contains the following improvements:
- The patch resolves the “Scanner Failure. Turn Power Off Then On" message. You may get this message when scanning at a high resolution (4800 or higher), or when your original is greater than 8.5 inches long.
- This patch also adds support for 13 x 18 cm photo paper on your product's control panel, if it is not already present.
- Click the Download now button.
- Double-click the disk image file.
You may need to use StuffIt Expander to decode the downloaded file. After the file is decoded, you will have a self-mounting disk image file (.smi). If you don't have StuffIt Expander, you can download it for free from http://www.stuffit.com/expander/.
- If you are using OS 9, a new disk appears on the Desktop.
- If you are using OS X, a new disk appears in the Computer window (it also appears on the Desktop if you have set the Finder's preferences to do that).
Mac OS 9