This update will only run on Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems.
NOTE: It is important to restart the computer after you install this update.
KNOWN ISSUES WITH THIS UPDATE:
If the scanner still is not found after installing the update and restarting Windows, unplug the scanner's USB and power cables. Wait twenty seconds and then plug them back in.
You may have to also remove the scanner from Device Manager if it is found as an "Unknown Device" by Windows.
Instructions on how to remove a HP Scanjet scanner and/or Unknown Device from Device Manager in Windows 2000 or Windows XP:
- In Windows XP, Click Start, right-click My Computer, then Properties .
a. In Windows 2000, find the My Computer Icon on the Desktop, right click on My Computer, then Properties.
- The System Properties box will appear.
- Click the Hardware tab and Device Manager.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to Imaging Devices. A drop down menu will appear.
- Highlight the entry for the HP Scanjet scanner and/or Unknown Device then click Remove.
- Click OK to remove the device.
- Close Device Manager and the System Properties windows.
For more detailed information on how to remove an unknown device from Device Manager and how to troubleshoot USB connectivity, refer to the document here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&docname=bps03850
To download: Choose the file you want to download to your system. With your mouse, click on the file. In the 'save as' dialogue, you will be prompted to select the folder (subdirectory) where you want the file downloaded. Once the file is downloaded, double-click on the file, the software will decompress and then install automatically.
Please restart your system after the update is finished installing.
Microsoft Windows 2000