Directions for "Download" option
HP Officejet Pro Firmware
Use these directions to guide you through the self-install process
Before starting the upgrade:
- The HP Officejet Pro 8000 Firmware flashing (upgrade) requires a wired network or a USB connection.
- DO NOT upgrade the printer firmware in a wirelessly connected printer.
- If the computer has a firewall installed or enabled, it may block the Firmware Download Utility from accessing the printer. Therefore, please remember to temporarily disable any firewall that may be on the computer, including firewalls such as Microsoft Windows XP Firewall, Sygate, Zone Alarm or BlackICE
- Switch on the HP Officejet Pro 8000 series printer and wait until the printer is READY. [The Power light should be on]
- Double click on OfficejetPro8000_R1006BR_ENG.exe to launch the HP Firmware Download Utility. A list of HP Officejet Pro 8000 series printers detected will be displayed on the screen.
Note: If the Wired network printer you wish to upgrade is not displayed in the detected printer list, click on the Find Printers on Network button to scan for printers connected via the wired network.
- Click on the checkboxes on the left to select single or multiple HP Officejet Pro 8000 series printers you wish to upgrade.
- Click on the Download button to start the firmware flashing process.
- Message showing "Successfully downloaded firmware to the printer" will be shown. Firmware flashing will begin.
CAUTION! Do not interrupt the printer during the upgrade process. Printer maybe damaged if power is interrupted during the firmware upgrade process.
- When the printer has sucessfully completed the flashing process, it will automatically print out a Self Test Diagnostic Page, that will show the new firmware version.